Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 13 - Monitoring Apptointment #3

This is the first time I've been at the clinic during the weekend.  It's interesting because the crew (the set of techs and nurses and even admin) are all different, and I think it may be the case that only the location that I go to is open on the weekends, so there were a lot more patients, no doubt from the other branches. 

So, I went in, got my ultra sound done first.  My maturing follicle (the one in the right ovary) is measuring 17.2 mm and I was told that my uterus lining is measuring 8mm (which is really good). 

My blood work was something else...it was like a scene from a horror movie.  I usually get blood drawn in my left arm because when I do get blood done, it bruises my arm and sometimes even hurts.  So, I'd rather have a hurt up left arm than my dominant right arm. 

So the tech put in a needle and a tube, and go a small spattering of blood out of the left arm.  When it just stopped, she decided to dump the sample because it wouldn't be enough, and to go for the right arm which had a vein practically jumping out.  But... when she took out the needle, my arm decided to bleed.  Blood went rushing down my arm onto the floor, arm rest and chair.

I watched her clean up every spec of blood from the floor, chair and arm.  Hey, I'm not going to be the one leaving valuable DNA (evidence) around for anyone to use.  So, after she switched to the right arm, and used the butterfly needle (the one with the tube), it was fine. 

When the nurse called me later, she told me that my estradroid level was now at 205 (which is good).  While I had her on the phone, I asked her about the total set of follicles.  She told me that I had 26 total, but the only one close to maturity is the one that is now measuring 17.2mm.

I did some internet research and it is not a one to one relationship between follicles and eggs at ovulation.  It's the case that you could have 10 follicles and produce 15 eggs or vice versa.  Right now, I'm hoping to produce at least one egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment