Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 14 - Monitoring Appointment #4

I went in for another monitoring appointment (Ultra Sound and Blood Work) with the hopes that my maturing follicle has finally reached maturation and I can move forward with the ovulation trigger (Ovadril), but that's not the case.  For some reason, my largest follicle (on the right) is stunted around the 16mm mark and one on the left is around the 15mm mark, both is just a little too small to move forward. 

What I've been told is that since my estrogen levels are on the rise, sometimes it just takes time, and that sometimes the growth plateaus and then there's a big boom and the follicles are ready. That was before the blood work came back. Now that the blood work is back, my estradroid is at 194, which is down from 205 yesterday. So, of course I am worried.
At this point, the only thing that looks good is the uterus lining, which is at a healthy 9mm. The nurse said that if I do speak to my doctor tomorrow, he might prescribe an FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormones) injection to get over the hump and get my ovulation started.

I did some internet research and read that I should do a protein load in order to get the estrogen levels up and the follicles matured.  So, today, I'm going to eat a bunch of chicken and eggs and strawberry milk.  (Yeah, I don't drink milk.)

I think the doctor could tell how discouraged I felt at the news.  I am starting to lose hope in this cycle, and if this cycle doesn't result in a pregnancy, I'm going to ask my doctor to prescribe me some FSH injections in order to avoid this next time around. 

I do realize it increases the chances of multiple births, but the way I feel right now, the despair I have, I feel like it would give me peace of mind. 

I have to go back tomorrow morning for yet another monitoring appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment