Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 17 - Morning of First IUI

So, as you know, last night I took my Ovidrel shot around 5pm, and since this morning, I've been feeling some activity in my right ovary and a little bit of cramping/soreness in my lower back on both sides. It gives me hope that something might happen, but I also look at the whole "this is just my first cycle" situation and I'm okay with it not being a successful cycle. At a minimum, it's gotten me closer to understanding the array of moods that are associated with this process.


I'm ready to get the first IUI done today, and I hope it works out, but I won't be devastated if it doesn't. It's funny because people always say that you should speak positive things into existence, but I'm not really sure I can do that just yet. I'm not jumping around extremely excited, I'm just sort of going with the flow. My mood is changing every day actually. Clearly good news gets me at least a little bit excited, and bad news gets me extremely anxious and discouraged, but overall, I think I've been managing.


  On another note, I weighed myself today, and I'm down 4 pounds since I started the first monitoring appointment. Now, I cannot say that's totally attributed to the stress of the process, because the other change I've made recently is to not eat out for the entire month of February. Meaning, I'm cooking or preparing all of my own meals. Also, since I'm trying to get pregnant, I haven't had anything to drink since January 23rd. So, that might have something to do with it as well. Either way, it's going to help with the process to start shedding some of these extra pounds. Wish me luck today! IUI in 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment